submerged R10L

Users who are viewing this thread

bbeckwith

Reaction score
I'm using a Waterace R10L for lawn irrigation. It did the job just fine for one summer. I live on a fresh water canal and last fall, the water flooded the boathose about half-way up the pump.
I didn't think to try it until the dry season (I previously had a Meyers pump which was under water at least three times and still worked). The R10L only buzzes when I flip on the power. What would I need to check to see whether it's worth fixing? It cost just over $100. at Lowe's about a year ago.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am not personally familiar with this motor, but I do know that most places have a minimum charge for just looking at something. It is possible to repair almost anything if money is no object, but you won't get much repair work done for $100. You might ask a local repair shop what the symptoms indicate the problem might be and if that is the problem, what the approximate cost to repair might be, but my money would be on a new unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks