Toto Drake Toilet Seat

Users who are viewing this thread

imate

Reaction score
I have a Toto Drake Elongated Toilet. We bought the ADA compliant bowl. The Toto seat soft close seat that comes with it adds height to the toilet. The people that are 5' and under can not reach the floor when sitting on it. Does a conventional toilet seat fit on it and is it lower? Thank you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think you'll find the difference in thickness isn't much between the Toto seat and others. Most of the others may be thinner, but then they have thicker rubber bumpers underneath them, and the total height is about the same. They may look thinner, but there's a gap between them and the bowl.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a Toto soft close and I do not think it is especially high. In fact, it seems to me to be maybe a tad thinner than some others I have used. I fear that height challenged folks may have a problem with the ADA height more than the thickness of the seat. Personally, I'm 5'8" and find the ADA very satisfactory, but someone 5' might indeed have a bit of a problem. If this is just an infrequent situation, you might make a 3" high platform to place in front of the toilet, but for frequent usage, maybe you may have to consider going back to standard height toilets.:(

Donn2390

Reaction score
My wife and daughter are both just over 5'. When I first installed the ADA Totos, they complained about the height and discomfort of the seat. Now, two months later, they forgot all about those two issues. Their behinds have been reconfigured...!
Just like a new pair of shoes, you adjust to a different feel and it becomes a non issue.
ADA is chair height, do you have a problem sitting in a chair...?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks