Gas - The Quiet Killer

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Two Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Nick Caito | Fox 61

March 1, 2009

Two people have been found dead inside a home on South Road in Farmington, apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

They were discovered around 3pm Sunday afternoon at 314 South Road. Levels of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas, were so high that responders were not able to immediately enter.

No other victims were found inside the house. Farmington Police and Fire units are investigating the source of the carbon monoxide. No other homes in the area had to be evacuated.
http://www.fox61.com/pages/landing_...onoxide-Poisoning=1&blockID=227401&feedID=341

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Let us not forget that house that blew up in Manchester last week. Made me laugh as the fire department had to take a week to figure out why the house blew up. Unless someone is running a meth lab, when a house blows up 9 out of 10 times it's gas.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Just one of many good reasons why pro's only should work on gas appliances and when they are malfunctioning repair should be immediate.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
I installed CO's as required on each floor
Funny the law passed in 2006 (I think) requiring this here, but I never knew about it
I also went down to the MIL's house & installed them there

We have had 3 houses in MA blow up recently due to gas leaks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks