Diverter problem

Users who are viewing this thread

LocalLoser

Reaction score
My 2nd floor bath has a 3 handle shower. Every time I turn the shower on water flows from the spout and from the showerhead. I removed the diverter valve and replaced the rubber washer but that did nothing to stop the problem. Anybody got any ideas what is going on?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
On most diverter stems, the rubber washer right at the nose is NOT what stops water from splitting to spout during shower operation. There is another gasket behind the nose. Best to replace the whole stem.

LocalLoser

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the kind of stem needed. I have been to the big box stores and looked through there catalogs and can't find one that matches. Should I go to maybe a smaller store?

McMike

Plumber
Reaction score
big box stores mainly want to sell new faucets and have cut back on faucet repair parts over the years, ace is the place for older or off brand parts in this area, it is also nice to support (usually) local family owned businesses

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks