Is there a PVC cement which requires no primer?

Users who are viewing this thread

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
I was looking for a PVC 500 double wye combo as you guys suggested. Local big box stores didnt carry it, so I called up Ferguson, specifically asked for that part number and the guy told me he had one on the shelf. Great, I am thinking! Send a friend over to pick it up since he lives down the street and can get before they close. I just picked it up from him and this is what I got.

482857607_f4axX-L.jpg

The hub on the top is not glued in, but the 1.5" bends are.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
A can of primer is only a couple bucks. You could use a fine grit sandpaper and lightly sand the fittings. Primer is the best bet, just use it let air dry (only takes a half minute) then apply your PVC glue fit the fitting and pipe give a quarter turn as you are pushing the fitting in to help seat it and remove any trapped air in the cement.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Or are you asking because the fittings are glued in place (besides the bushing) but there is no primer visible¿

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
Or are you asking because the fittings are glued in place (besides the bushing) but there is no primer visible¿

Yes. I personally have plenty of primer. I just want to know what a place like Ferguson would use ASSUMING they are not completely clueless

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fitting

It is also NOT the correct fitting to go between two sinks and Ferguson should know it, IF you asked for the right fitting. IF you asked for a double combo, they made one up for you. If you asked for a back to back fixture fitting, the counterman gave you the first thing he found since he did not know what you were asking for.

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
I did specifically asked for it. And the guy even asked if it was 2x2x1.5x1.5 and I specifically said no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks