kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

mmoralls

Reaction score
Hello,

Bought a Hamat faucet with a separate spray that did not come with instructions on how to hook up. :( I have the basic setup for the hot and cold side. I checked the web for some diagrams but no luck. Does anyone know a site that I could see a diagram for this?

Thanks in advance

http://www.hamatusa.com/site/

http://www.dds-us.com/index.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I looked around on the internet and found that apparently Hamat is a high end, expensive, designer faucet brand. The fact that I , and apparently nobody else either, had heard of it is an indication of what you will go through when it ultimately does need service: No parts, nobody who knows how to work on it.

mmoralls

Reaction score
It's not different than any other faucet with a separate sprayer. I can see it involves a tee fitting in between but just can't visualize the rest of the connections. A simple image would be great of the whole setup.

Thx

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Have you tried calling the US importer (assuming it is an imported brand)? Doesn't sound like anyone here is familiar with that specific configuration. What about where you bought it? If they can't help, as noted, you'll probably have big trouble if it ever needs a repair part.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
how much $$

I have never heard of this brand ,
how much did it cost???

and as others have already mentioned,
it is probably going to be hard to get
repairs made to it too.. someday....

perhaps , if you still got the receipt and it is still
in the box, you might want to reconsider
installing this odd ball.

just my opinoin only...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
" A simple image would be great of the whole setup."

Again, the very fact that it did not come with instructions and exploded parts diagrams, and such diagrams are not to be found on the internet, basically says it all.

mmoralls

Reaction score
Ok....I appreciate your comments but let me try this:

Let's set aside the brand, no instructions for the install of the sprayer and possibility that I won't get parts for it if it breaks in the future.

Is there a picture of the connections for another brand of faucet, with a separate sprayer that I can see on line?

All I'm looking for is a pix of the connections for the sprayer that go in between the source pipes to the faucet such that when I have the hot and/or cold on at the faucet and use the sprayer the water is shut off at the faucet and comes out of the sprayer.

Thanks again

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hamat faucets made in Israel

http://english.hamat.co.il/

http://english.hamat.co.il/UpLoadfiles/303154-D.pdf

http://english.hamat.co.il/news_inner.asp?pgID=220&catId=103

In 1992 Hamat purchased 21,000 square meters of land in the new Northern Industrial Area of Ashdod, a port city 30 kilometers south of Tel Aviv. Construction of a modern manufacturing facility, built precisely to Hamat's needs and specifications took one and one half years, covering an area of 11,400 square meters, at an investment of $11.5 million. In December 1994 this new facility was inaugurated and is intended to serve Hamat throughout all future expansion plans.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well as usual Terry saved the day with a website for you!

My point was that you could look at any number of websites (Moen, Delta, PP,Chicago,Amer.Std, etc )and see literally dozens of models which have a side sprayer and integral diverter which shuts off flow to the spout. Each of these would be different, and probably look nothing like YOUR faucet. There is almost nothing which is "generic" or "standard" in plumbing fixtures and devices. Everything is proprietary and brand/model specific.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hamat

The only Hamat faucets I have seen so far were those with pullout spouts, not separate sprays. And they are relatively low priced, Israeli faucets.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
hamat faucets

I looked through my junk faucet stock today and found
that I have about 6 1993-95 Hamat faucets new in the box!!!!

they are very heavy duty and dont seem to be very hard to install....

supposedly they have a 20 year warranty on them......

they were worth about 250ea in 1995 but no one wanted them...

I am going to put them on E-bay just for fun.

any takers here at $65 each?????

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks