Water Heater Dip Tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I was working on a 80 gallon Craftmaster Electric heater with a disintegrated dip tube. The nipple crushed when I removed it and the nipple and dip tube were one piece, does anyone know if anyone sells dip tubes with nipples attached? I attempted to put in a regular dip tube but it just falls into the tank their is no shoulder for it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I seem to recall seeing dip tubes that had some kind of fitting on top when I was getting one for my heater a couple of years ago. Sorry I really can't be very specific, but it makes me thing that there are some different kinds around. Maybe you could just use some duct tape.:p

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Screw in a dielectric nipple with a dielectric female union OR use a dielectric male union and insert one of those blue replacement dip tubes through the dielectric union.

That flange part will keep from sliding down into the tank, along with keeping corrosion from closing up the male or female dielectric fitting.

Works like a charm.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks....I don't keep them on the truck because all I use are Dia. Nips and coper female adaptors....

I'll try that today...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I used a 3" nip with a FIP dialetric coupling attatched...I pushed the dip tube through the lower 1/2...very tight...had little wispy curls of PVC come off but it worked...and installed the gasget...perfect fit...then put it together...

Thanks RUGGED.....It does work like a charm...

dmax56

Handyman
Reaction score
Dip tubes online

Cas,

I just replaced my diptube and got one from Waterheaterrescue.com

The curved diptube I got had close nipple attached...so did combo, flexible, mag anode they sold...since I didn't have separate anode on my brad-white heater.

Hope that helps...sure they can get something overnight to you...very helpful there!

Doug

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks