vent/waste line for moving toilet question

Users who are viewing this thread

mousejockey

Reaction score
I am researching if I can move a toilet or not.

I am not going to cut a joist to do this.

1. There is already a "box around" ducting in the laundry room under the bath. Is there any reason why I can't widen the box and run a 3" waste pipe though it?

2. The other obsticle is how to vent it. Its quite a ways to the 3" inch vent. I've seen lots of drawings of vents but none of them show my situation.
2a. Option a. There is a 2" vent that vents 3 sinks and the toilet next to to the laundry room in the basement. Maybe the washer too. Would a second toilet be too much?

2b. The wall comes be before the 90 degree fitting that takes the waste to the "box". There would be a second 90 inside the box that would bring it to the main waster/vent line that. The vent would have to be 2" because of plumming in the wall, but I suppose I could move it. There would also be two 2" lines running within inches of each other, would that affect the wall strength?

................90 to vent
................attic
................||
................||
Toilet=====_=====90
............................||
............................90=========||main

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks