Shifting to the right?

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
Not a political question! In our remodel, the wc needs to shift about 2 1/2 inches to the right to maintain 15" clearance from the (new) shower door. Can't go much further 'cuz the vanity is there. To top it off, there is essentially no room to reroute the waste line below, at least not without major surgery. The only way I can see for making room is putting in an offset with a pair of, say, 1/16 fittings, in the vertical line that meets the toilet flange. Is this 'kosher', and if so, how much will I get? With 1/8s? [I'd make another run to the hardware store to try to scope this out, but...don't ask.]

Thnx immensely for your always valuable advice.

George

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
offset

If you have that long of a riser, then two 1/16 bends will make about the proper offset. Two 45's would be too much unless you also moved it forward or backwards.

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
hj,

Turns out that the 1/8s give me the room I need, but you predicted the height issue. I've got a drop-kick 45 by Sioux Chief on order in hopes it will get me back down to where I want to be.

George

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
Update

The drop-kick 45 did the trick - allowed me to connect to existing dwv without raising the flange too much. Thing to note, tho', is that if the total floor thickness will be more than an inch one needs to make a slot in the subfloor to accommodate the flange. For example, my finished floor will be 3/4" subfloor + 7/8" tile, etc. Draw two 4" holes, one displaced by 7/8" in the direction the lower part of the flange runs. Draw a tangent at the top and bottom to connect the circles. Now you've got a slot that'll take the flange in a thicker floor. Picture attached.

Attachments

• flangeslot.jpg
    flangeslot.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 492
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks