Toto Eco Drake (CST743E-round)-comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Homeowner Bob

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments, experience or advice re: this 1.28 gallon per flush model from Toto: CST743E ? I didn't see it listed for sale on Terry's site, which made me a little nervous.
I only have room for a 26" (round) toilet and have a "green" conscience, so this seems to be a good choice, but I thought I'd ask for advice from others re: this (or alternative) models. Is it good?
(Also, since this toilet will be used primarily by my 91 year-old mother-in-law, are there other good options for a higher toilet that are 26" round -- most seem to be elongated bowls, which would not fit in the space I have).
Many thanks in advance!
Bob ( :confused: )

WaterSense toilets on Terry's Site

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://terrylove.biz/home/84-toto-drake-toilet.html

I sell all of the Toto toilets, and a lot of the 1.28 gallon WaterSense Drakes.

If you need a taller bowl, then the Toto Drake CST744SL works well.
16-1/2" high bowl.
It's a 1.6 gallon.
The EcoDrake ADA bowl is 16.5" tall.
Most tall bowls, like the Drake ADA are 16.5" tall and 28" long.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You are correct, your choices are limited in round front ADA height toilets. I suspect this is because the elongated models are much more male friendly and therefore the round front models just are not fast enough movers to justify making. There does seem to be 3 Toto models than are round front ADA height however. The Promenade and the Dalton. You can see them with their specs on Terry's Report linked from the home page. Hope this is helpful information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I have an elongated drake in my personal bathroom and and round drake in the powder room (space was limited and I didn't want to overwelm the area with the elongated). Personally, I love the room the elongated provides (it feels just right) where the round feels very small. As long as she's not a big woman, you will be alright with the round.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks