Extra long toilet flange?

Users who are viewing this thread

FlyBoyd

Reaction score
Remodeling the master bath.

After removing the previous flange I am left with a 4" drain pipe that is (will be) 2" below finished floor grade. Does a flange exist that I can use with this setup or will I have to break out the foundation and replace the drain pipe so it is closer to flush with the finished floor? My Google-Fu has been weak as of late..please help:)

Thanks in advance

FlyBoyd

Reaction score

Thanks Ted..

I have seen the ones you pointed out. I guess the follow on question is how much overlap the flange and drain pipe do I need? I have always used "half" the piece/fixture as a good rule of thumb, but with the deepset stuff what would you all do? How much overlap is enough considering the attached toilet?

Last edited:

TedL

Reaction score
The types that use a (generally neoprene) seal just have to reach good, solid pipe to make the seal. It sounds like you're thinking of relying on that connection to keep the toilet in place. That's wrong. Temporarily put the flange in place, mark the four mounting holes on the concrete. Drill (hammer drill) holes for lead anchors for #12 stainless screws. Set lead anchors in place. Be careful not to cover with finished floor, but have finished floor extend close enough to pipe to support the flange. After finished floor is in place, set flange, on top of finished floor. Secure with the #12 SS screws.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Fantastic post. I have a similar situation in my basement. What would I use for 4 inch cast iron pipe that has been smashed just below the floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks