pop up diverter on spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Roscoe Riley

Reaction score
When our tub plumbing was new about 7 years ago, the shower diverter would disengage and pop back up by itself when the water was turned off.
For some time now, it needs to be pulled up by hand to make the water come out of the spout again.

From what I've been reading here, the standard procedure is to replace the entire spout, but these are Grohe Seabury satin nickel finish fixtures ($$$$) and pulling up the little knob sure seems like a real viable alternative to the expense and effort of replacing the entire spout.

Is there no maintenance that can be done to free up the diverter?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might try soaking it in vinegar...that would disolve mineral deposits. Are there any user replaceable parts listed on the Grohe website? Not sure how that may come apart, if at all.

Roscoe Riley

Reaction score
Grohe parts are replaceable, although you probably have to get them from Grohe directly.

Would you suggest my trying to take what I have apart and trying to clean off whatever buildup I find, or isn't that likely to be successful?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks