Tub wall support

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwhitman

Reaction score
recently, I installed a tub wall kit. Pretty straight forward except the final step. I noticed when getting ready to silicone the area between the bottom of the tub wall and the tub ledge that one section of wall would move( only at the bottom) the prep included green board 1/4" above the tub flange. This leaves a 1 1/4 from where the green board ends and the tub wall contacts the tub ledge. The procedures included placing silicone behind the tub wall in this area (which I did) So the tub wall will move when pressed in 1/4" and pop back out. Should I press it in and glue or secure it pressed in or let it float out and silione it as it. The thing that worries me is if the tub wall moves the silicone may not seal. Any ideas.
Thanks,
J

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks