TOTO THU096 Flapper replacement help

Users who are viewing this thread

RKD

Reaction score
Hi, current flapper has some age and needs replacing. I was going to use the Red Korky replacement but the existing flapper attaches with an enclosed plastic ring around the ears that stick out from the fill tube. What's the recommended way to remove without causing any damage to the fill tube. Thanks.

cst454_old_inside_tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RKD

Reaction score
Thanks MD. I guess the question I have is the current flapper has hard one piece plastic connectors on the mounting arms of the fill tube, how to remove the flapper without damaging the mounting arms.

toto-thu128-flush-valve-terrylove-1.jpg

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The plastic flapper assembly just lifts off don't worry about breaking the arms of the flush valve it will come up very easily.
You can still get the grey donut if you want it's a THU096 specify one only as it comes in a package of 10.

http://www.nyrpcorp.com/toto-flapper-thu096

RKD

Reaction score
Thanks Peanut, so just lift the current flapper straight up and install a Korky Replacement?

You should be able to lift the plastic flapper assembly up and out.
You can either install the THU096 disc or a new red rubber flapper.
Terry

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
toto-thu128-flush-valve-terrylove-1.jpg

toto-thu128-flush-valve-terrylove-2.jpg

toto-thu128-flush-valve-terrylove-3.jpg

toto-thu128-flush-valve-terrylove-4.jpg

This very old style that TOTO used lifts off the pins and any new 3" flapper will replace it.
The flush valve is a THU128 and came with THU096 flapper gaskets. You can either replace the gasket, or remove the flapper and replace with something newer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks