bending pex around corner in 2x4 wall

Users who are viewing this thread

dabiz7

Reaction score
OK, I would like to run some pex inside an interior 2x4 stud wall, I need to turn two corners. I wonder, can 1/2" pex be safely snaked around the corner inside the drywall (assuming the holes in the studs are sufficient size) without kinking it? Do I need to use the metal bend supports for 1/2" ?

Thanks and great board !

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Each brand and size of pex will have a minimum bend radius, so you'd have to refer to the spec sheet for the one you plan to use. It is usually defined as X * the tubing diameter. Pulling pex through holes where you've got tight radii is tough. A bend support helps ensure you don't get a kink, but may not be necessary. Doesn't hurt though, except for the added cost.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Bend supports are code required for 90 degree changes in direction of 7 X pipe diameter or under.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks