No cut in pressure stability

Users who are viewing this thread

masterdiy

Reaction score
Whenever my cut in switch is set to 40psi (tank @ 38psi) the water pressure simply disappears even though the gauge still says 40psi. Then it takes at least one minute before the pump kicks in and pressurizes the system.
If I try to move the pressure switch up or down any amount of psi (meaning I can set it to 30psi cut on or 45psi cut on with the appropriate 20psi cutoff range) the water pressure still disappears no matter what the switch is set to. The gauge still shows pressure, but there is no pressure in the system.
Is this a bad gauge or is there something in the switch itself ( a square D) that could be worn out??? This is as submersible system with a Flotec tank. followed all the instructions to the "T" on both the tank and the switch.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I think you have another thread running with the same issues. It is my opinion you have plugged lines.

bob...

masterdiy

Reaction score
yes, thank you, I had an old rthread I forgot about.
but the problem is solved.
the stem where the gauge and switch attach was so clogged I don know ho wany water was getting through! After cleaning out that little pipe, all works perfect again.

masterdiy

Reaction score
the problem is solved.
the stem where the gauge and switch attach was so clogged I don know how any water was getting through! After cleaning out that little pipe, all works perfect again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks