Oddball Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Vans

Reaction score
I removed old cast iron sink in a home, found out I have an odd size sink-20x32, there is no way I can go deeper, existing face frame is notched to accept old sink. I believe this kitchen setup was probably mobile home spec. Local plumbing supply can't locate this size, no luck on the web either unless I go with a undermount which is expensive.

Suggestions??

Old sink is junk
I'm willing to replace countertop
I've considering shimming out cabinets from wall to accept standard countertop

Thanks

Vans

Reaction score
Basically 32x20, this is a rental house owned by the Foundation I work for, we started with a bathroom remodel, while there I thought we could simply upgrade kitchen sink, I could go on and on with things we could do, the trap was just 90s glued together, drain lines were black poly into cast iron, the house isn't that bad just old.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

Does the old sink have the faucet on the sink or in the wall. Most of those had a wall mount sink. It was not a mobile home size, it was used with Nappanee cabinets which were narrower, i.e., 22" or 23", than the standard 24" depth.

C NUMB

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsmithplumbing.com
The reason I asked is that I'm fixing to clean out my shop and I have a brand new white Moenstone 3121 sink out there. I'll have to see what else I can find.

Vans

Reaction score
Let me now if that's something you want to part with, I may be interested.
Thanks Jon

C NUMB

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsmithplumbing.com
Let me now if that's something you want to part with, I may be interested.
Thanks Jon

Heres a picture of it 31" x 20 1/2" x 8" deep

esplumbing-378252-albums-misc-shots-pic25409-p1010047.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks