new home water trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

camryce

Reaction score
Hello 1st post here. I have a new home and some water trouble. 285 foot well 15gpm. Had some sediment problems, installed a rusco spindown sediment trapper w/auto backwash 100 mesh screen and seems to have solved that. My screens no longer clog. Water tests at iron .65 mg/l, manganese is .16mg/l. My hardness is at 30 mg/l as measured in CaC03. There is no smell in my water. Just my wife and I in the house, and I plan a bypass for yard watering. I have been told a water softener using salt is my best bet, but since my water is not really hard is this really my best solution? I can see a slightly dinghy color to the water when I fill my tub, and some residue (light orange) left behind when the water sits overnight. I have not moved in yet but have run the pump for about 30 hrs. The test was done by the county ( I live in western nc). When the test was done the county guy ran the water like 5 minutes after the well was drilled and then the water was orange, it has since cleared considerably. I am also using a tankless water heater. Is there any way w/this info you might guide me in the right direction? thank you

camryce

Reaction score
Gary I am getting a new test I hope early next week. Biermech I like the idea of a BIRM filter, but since my ph is 7.6 would it help with my manganese? Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks