Catalytic and/or magnetic water contitioners/softeners

Users who are viewing this thread

Boerdoc

Reaction score
I have had my well water tested and the hardness was 120 in one well and 150 in the other well. All other issues were acceptable (iron, nitrate ph, lead etc.). I searched the forum extensively and can't seem to find any information on the effectiveness or lack of effectiveness of Magnetic water conditioners or Catalytic water softeners http://www.no-salt.com/index.htm.
While I see many posts for water softening, I wanted something that did not put salt in which would need to be removed for drinking. Also what effect does salt softened water have on septic systems, if any?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Seeing your on a well the ideal set up would be a ion exchange softener to remove hardness and a RO system for drinking and cooking...the RO system will remove the salt and other things that may be in your water that you don't even know are there...most water tests are not exhaustive and only check for specific things....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
salt

Sodium is left in the water, not salt, and if you do not want to add to your sodium intake, either change to potassium chloride or install an RO drinking water system.

Boerdoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the useful information and advice not to waste money. I guess I should have clarified though. The hardness was 150 ppm not grains per gallon. Sorry "biermech". I have already sent my information to Gary for info on a softener.
Kent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks