toilet, shower dilema

Users who are viewing this thread

rululu2

Reaction score
Hello All,

My husband and I recently purchased a home with a large master bathroom. The bathroom appears to be an addition made by closing in a breeze way. The problem is the shower it is to small and it can not be enlarged without replacing a large vanity that is in good condition. Diagonally across from the shower is a toilet which if I put the toilet where the shower is located and the shower where the toilet is located I could work the large jacuzzi tub and shower together but I was told that I could put a toilet where there was a shower but not a shower where there was a toilet. Please advise me I need to spend the least amount of money and a new vanity is too expensive.

Thank you,
rululu2

TheZster

Reaction score
Anything is possible

I'm not sure I understand what "someone" told you. You can tie in a shower (2" drain minimum) into the 3 or 4 inch toilet drain.... but cannot tie a toilet into a 2" shower drain.

That being said: You can do almost anything - but it will cost. If the price of a new vanity ($200/$500) is an issue - then repiping the bathroom will probably bust your budget "big time"....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fixtures

You CAN put a toilet where there is a shower, AND/OR a shower where there is a toilet, or either one where there is now nothing. BUT, in all cases the piping to them is what determines whether it is a correct installation or not. In other words, when you change the fixture locations, you also have to change some piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks