Removal of Watco Push Pull Tub Stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

DebbieNg0409

Reaction score
I am needing to clean the drain in my tub unit and have not been able to remove the stopper. It's a push pull type stopper made by Watco. I have been able to remove the knob off the top of the stopper but am not sure how to get the stopper off. Help would be appreciated. There are slots on the upper part of the interior of the stem, but they are very far apart. I have not seen a screw driver that wide. Am I looking at the right part?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stopper

If you have the knob off then use a screwdriver in the slot on the post and unscrew it.

watco-901-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Tubs are more easily snaked through the overflow plate, rather than through the drain shoe.

DebbieNg0409

Reaction score
Do they make a screwdriver wide enough to fit in the slots?

The slots I see on the interior upper part of the stem are very far apart, I have not seen a screwdriver that wide. Am I looking at the right part?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks