Has anyone used or heard of the powershaver?

Users who are viewing this thread

jaxbldginspector

Reaction score
Goto powershaver.com to find out more information. I have inquired for information to be sent to me. I hope it is not a gimmick.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Goto powershaver.com to find out more information. I have inquired for information to be sent to me. I hope it is not a gimmick.

NOT a gimmick? You have got to be kidding!

The electric company will install power factor correction on large industrial motor applications. If you try to cheat them by fiddlling with your power factor at home, they will have you up in front of Judge Judy!

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
Residential meters are very insensitive to the power factor and therefore you would NOT save any money with these devices.

On the other hand they do reduce voltage noise and are also used to help X-10 signals jump phases.

I don't see anything illegal with using cap's since improving your power factor will help the utility and at the same time won't change how much your meter bills you for.

FYI: The only sure fire way to reduce your electric bill is to use less power.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks