Any Great Ideas For a Rental With Costant Clogged Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Driz

Reaction score
I Blasted It Out, At Least For Now

I finally found the right connector to plug that bladder into the output side of my electric pressure washer. That sent things on their way in fine style. Only one side effect though, it blew some nice chunky grey water up out of the bathroom sink and up into the bath tub. At least those cleaned out easily enough. I have some bioguard coming as well for down the road.:D:D I will keep the hose and adapter handy though because, well you know........

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You could do like a customer I once snaked a drain for...she was told not to pour grease down the drain so she placed a 5 Gal. bucket under the sink and would just pour it in there...when I came to snake the drain the bucket was within 1/2" of being full and as rancid as could possibly be...very nasty...

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Only one side effect though, it blew some nice chunky grey water up out of the bathroom sink and up into the bath tub.
From now on have yout tenant positioned next to that sink and tell them, "Let me know if you hear anything, put your ear down near the faucet." :p

Driz

Reaction score
I like that last idea

You guys are bad, really. I really like the listen to the drain idea, PRICELESS. Arent tenants a hoot. Now all I need to do is convince her to get rid of about a box truck ( literally) of assorted STUFF, (that reads junk to the rest of us) and the place won't be a fire trap. It just goes on and on doesn't it. Best of all my own kitchen faucet slowly dying from hard water over the last year had to give up the ghost right while I was over there yesterday so today's mission is you know what??????? At least this time under the sink I won't be laying in cottage cheese looking grease globs with a nasty litter box and some suspicious looking yellow puddles near by.:D:D:D
BTW for anyone else desperate enough to go the pressure washer route that strange fitting came from a TRUE VALUE hardware store. It came from the plumbing section and the easy " smart " way to get one sized up is take it right in with you. If you decide to use one have someone holding the drains shut downwind and cross your fingers. Thanks for the help guys and if you want a tenant you can have mine. She comes complete with "EVERYTHING"

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you use Bio Clean regularly (in this situation you'd need to apply it yourself since your tenant probably wouldn't follow the instructions) you may find that life improves greatly for you. Once the stuff propagates your pipes it should really clean things up and make it more difficult for new collections of grease to build up. You do need to follow the directions carefully - not use too hot of water (kills the bacteria), apply the stuff at night so it has a chance to work without being flushed away, use enough of it, do it daily for a while then weekly or monthly, etc. - but in the long run you will be pleasantly surprised by how well it works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks