Installed shower cartridge, now I get hardly any water flow

Users who are viewing this thread

baka98

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I even put the old cartridge in, and now I have the same problem with that too. Please help!!

baka98

Reaction score
It is a Price-Pfister shower with an Avante cartridge (S74-292).

The old cartridge came out with no problem, I put in the new one and attached the handle and now I get hardly any flow out of my shower. I tried to put the old cartridge back in and have the same problem.

Am I putting the cartridge in wrong? There are really only 2 ways to put it in that I can see and I've tried both with no success. Am I an idiot or what?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Have you tried pulling off the shower head to make sure nothing is blocking the shower head holes? Sometimes some debris comes loose and pushed up to the head.

baka98

Reaction score
Yes. I've taken off the head and the hose and the flow is very low coming out of the pipe. I have no idea what's wrong.

baka98

Reaction score
I am an idiot. I forgot to check the filter on my ball joint.
Problem solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks