(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a sink in the garage.

Default Adding a sink in the garage.

hi,

I need help with the supply lines. if you look at the picture of the drail line i already installed you can see the blue tape and red tape at the existing 1/2 inch copper.

I tapped into the adjacent wall master bath vanity sinks...one of them.

I was thinking of cutting the 1/2 copper and then adding a compression Tee fitting then doing copper line with more 90 degree compression elbows to get where i need to go.

OR

is there a Tee out there somewhere, that i can Tee into the existing 1/2 copper sink lines and then thread in a long stainless steel flex or pvc line and go straight to the bottom of the sink handles?

oh, side note, do they have stud repair braces to repair the 5 stud bottoms i killed...lol.
    -J

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 02-19-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Are you planning on a revent from the new sink? I think you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Furd View Post
    Are you planning on a revent from the new sink? I think you need one.
    ? you mean add a vent going up>?? i didnt think i needed one with such a short run?

- J

Default drain

1. That was the wrong fitting that you used to tie into the vertical drain. You have created an illegal "S" trap, actually a "3/4 S" trap but just as improper.
    2. What else did you get for Christmas besides a chain saw.
    3. Someone should have given you a ruler so you could at least hack the studs a little closer to the pipe.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-19-2009 at 12:46 PM.

1. That was the wrong fitting that you used to tie into the vertical drain. You have created an illegal "S" trap, actually a "3/4 S" trap but just as improper.

Okay, What fitting should i have used?

On the vertical, a Santee

Dewalt reciprocating saw dikc.....

3. Someone should have given you a ruler so you could at least hack the studs a little closer to the pipe.

Oh well... im here now... thats for no help here.....any suggestions now?
    Last edited by Terry; 02-19-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Default drain

A sanitary tee.

Maybe they should have given you a DeWalt drill so you could make neat holes.

Nope, it is too late for any.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-19-2009 at 12:47 PM.

A sanitary tee.

Maybe they should have given you a DeWalt drill so you could make neat holes.

Yup, got that.......Dewalt XRP...

Nope, it is too late for any.

OK. - ill figure it out..
    Last edited by Terry; 02-19-2009 at 12:48 PM.

okay, i see the sanitary tee allows vent air....with the S i made, it can restrict it with heavy water flow at that S point......from what i gather its a problem if you have tons of water going down at once.........for an occasional wash your hands sink.......i think i can live with the S-tee i have.

I'm here asking because obviously this isn't my line of usual business.......I'm more into installing turbos on cars, engine swaps, etc...

-J

i bought the stud braces and it looks like all but two will fit........yup, i cut two with too much gap..ill probably replace those two stud bottoms and drill screws downward. then brace them..

-Jason

You REALLY need to talk to a structural engineer at this point. You don't want to make your 3D structure a 2D....Having seen your "joist project" plans, I am just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasontamu View Post
    i bought the stud braces and it looks like all but two will fit........yup, i cut two with too much gap..ill probably replace those two stud bottoms and drill screws downward. then brace them.
    I can't see your pics right now, but keep in mind that nails bend and screws break. As such, structural framing should never be screwed unless your dealing with specifically designed manufactured assemblies.
    -Sam Smith
    Licensed Professional Geologist - AL, TN, KY

What is a stud brace you purchased? Are you talking about these?
    Last edited by BimmerRacer; 02-18-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: HTTPS picture link - Annoying!

No, they are a complete cut stud brace...kind that wrap around the pipe cut out...

Those you pictured, i read are for only notching 1/3 of the way..i cut it all the way..

-J

Are you talking about stud shoes?

Name:  172e-2009.gif
Views: 646
Size:  13.1 KB

Those aren't for total replacement either. If you cut clean through you'll have to sister in another full stud, properly notched.
    -Sam Smith
    Licensed Professional Geologist - AL, TN, KY

yeah. they look similar to that.....

lol. in all honesty.......ill probably just put those on and call it a day...

i understand what you saying about adding an another stud....i may get a section in there, to help it out..

-J