Water Ace R10L Impeller

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
Why do you want to take it off?

You should know that Water Ace is Myers' big box name. The Impeller may or may not be the same as the the Myers. If you are ordering a new one, Water Ace will whack you pretty good for the new one. You will probably need a new seal as well. You may also notice that the motor on the Water Ace is the cheapest motor GE can build.

bob...

grerey2003

Reaction score
The reason I want to take it off is the motor would not turn so I began taking it apart. I took the outside case off and got the motor to start turning. When I tried to put the outside case back on I realized there were 4 nuts that were holding the outside case on. I can't put the case back on unless I take the impeller off. Any idea how to?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I took the outside case off and got the motor to start turning. When I tried to put the outside case back on I realized there were 4 nuts that were holding the outside case on. I can't put the case back on unless I take the impeller off. Any idea how to?

If you got it off, you should be able to put it back on by reversing whatever you did to get it off. You kind of lost me there.

You are probably wasting your time. That motor is not normally repairable. They don't even use ball bearings in a lot of those cheapies. Just bushings that wear out.

If you want the impeller off, just get ahold of the motors rotor and unscrew the impeller. It has normal right hand threads. They might have used a little drop of locktite on it, so it may be a bit hard to break loose.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks