I have a 275' deep drilled well and we are experiencing the "rotten egg" smell. We have a Culligan Water Conditioner for the hard water and a Reverse Osmosis system for clean tap water. That being said, odor is the only issue right now.

We are currently on a tight budget, so before we spend money on a system to treat odor as well (Fleck or similar), I wanted to try disinfecting the well. I guess my question is, does this sound like something worth trying and if so, what should we use to disinfect the well ?. It appears most bleach now including Clorox have other chemicals besides chlorine. Is that an issue? Thanks in advance for your responses!