Notes from Toto Aquia II Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

MUJIN

Reaction score
Installed 2 in my house.

The seat is not for those who are small and sit on the front edge (like my wife). We bought an aftermarket seat and it fit fine although the selection is limited to those seats that can be installed from the top (ie hinges don't have incorporated bolts that stick down).

Comments about sanding - Don't sweat it. Just did it to insure a smooth contact wherever there was a gasket. Was very easy

Know that a flexible water line is needed and should be purchased when purchasing the toilet (extra trip to the HW store for me)

Used plumbers grease everywhere there was a gasket to porcelain contact (I'm not a professional plumber but saw this on other installation procedures posted on the web)

The large gasket between the bowl and the tank had to be stretched a slight bit and it seemed there could have been ridges in the tank and the bowl to align this gasket better.

1st toilet went in once I repaired the rusted metal flange on the floor. However, after getting the second one installed, it flushes fine when pushing the buttons on the top of the fill valve but fails to flush fully when using the buttons on top of the tank cover!!!!!!!!!
Swapping out the tank cover and the tank flush valve assy with the ones from the working toilet did not solve the problem. Putting a piece of cardboard on top of the button inside the tank did the trick so I'm off to find a longer piece of plastic tubing for the buttons or a piece of plastic that I can replace the cardboard with. If there is an adjustment I'm overlooking, let me know. I'm not keen on dismantling the tank from the bowl.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
so I'm off to find a longer piece of plastic tubing for the buttons or a piece of plastic that I can replace the cardboard with. If there is an adjustment I'm overlooking, let me know. I'm not keen on dismantling the tank from the bowl.

I have had Aquia II toilets where the tubes are not long enough.
Some have put screws in the bottom of the tubes to extend them.

You can call Toto technical and tell them to send you
1 # 9AU187 Blue rod and 1 #9AU186 White rod.
and you can cut to size.

Where are you located?

MUJIN

Reaction score
Thanks

The screw idea is a champ. I went by TAP plastics and all they had was 1/4" tubing.

Chessiec

Reaction score
Or can use quarters

While you wait for Toto to send you replacement plastic tubes to cut to fit, you can stick two quarters on top of the flush tower. This worked for us.

It is like loaning your toilet 50 cents.

But you may not want the sort of interest that a toilet might pay.

BigHornRam

Reaction score
While you wait for Toto to send you replacement plastic tubes to cut to fit, you can stick two quarters on top of the flush tower. This worked for us.

It is like loaning your toilet 50 cents.

But you may not want the sort of interest that a toilet might pay.

I just installed my first Aquia II and had to loan it 50 cents. Great fix! Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks