Sharred well?

Users who are viewing this thread

rgmlam

Reaction score
First post & I don't know squat about wells. My house & my neighbors share a well (new this summer) we have low pressure if two fixtures are on at the same time. Well & pressure tank is on his property, can I put in a pressure tank without a switch in my house? Would it just fill up with water & kick of his pressure tank? Well is 300-330' deep & about 12,000 for a new well. Is there a place to get educated in wells?

Thanks
Randy

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
An extra pressure tank will not help. The pump and the lines to the houses have to be large enough to handle the load. Check the pressure gauge while two things are on at the same time. If the pressure is low and stays low, you need a larger pump. If the pump is cycling on and off, then the lines to the house(s) are too small.

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
A friend is in the same boat as you. A long way from the well and plumbed with small pipe.
We took a small pressure pump 1/2hp and small tank 25 gal.
This in combination with the cycle stop valve, or the jacuzzi, aqua genie.
It gave him 50 to 60 psi any time they needed water.

BUT, This does depend on if the well you both are on, will make enough water. And the pump is large enough to supply the water you both need.

Travis

rgmlam

Reaction score
thanks for the input, any pics of the pressure pump & tank set-up or how it is set up?

Thanks

Randy

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will get you a pic of the pump we put in.
I will post a link to it.
It is a very easy set up, and only takes a few hours to hook up.

Travis

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Here is a picture of a booster (Jet Pump) with a Cycle Stop Valve and controls.

Attachments

• pside-kick cropped.jpg
    pside-kick cropped.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 190

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
Here a pic of what we put on his house about 10 years ago.
It does not look as pretty as the one above. We did not have any black cloth to put up...lol

Its plumbed so we can take the pump off for repair, and still have water.
The pump will use the well will supply water until the pressure drops below the switch setting, and then the pump starts, delivers the required pressure.

4847659113065.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks