Street Flange Question

Users who are viewing this thread

tilelayher

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I know I'll get ripped on by someone I always do when I post here. I am doing a bathroom over and the existing closet flange will be too low its CI. I am going to break the flange off with my grinder and but a spacer in and then put my wetbed in to level the floor prolly a 2" bed (I am a tilesetter). I went to the supply house to get a CI closet flange and i was going to pour and pack the joint. The guy told me to get a Street flange instead and that lead is a dying art. I know how to do it and actually would rather do it that way, Anyways I was telling my plumber friend (who is a miserable guy) i got this instead i don't need you to pour and pack the flange.

The guys who all work at the supply house are all retired plumbers they said the pvc street flange has never had one call back and its cake. I just was wondering is my plumber buddy just salty cause i cut him out?

I looks like its a simple job just wanted some feedback from the pros.

tilelayher

Reaction score
yea i got a variety of screws 3 or 4 inchers thats a given thanks for the heads up sewer rat:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks