(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New splice fitting

  1. #1
    DIY Senior Member thezster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Fort Collins, Colorado

    Default New splice fitting

    Oops.. new "splice fitting".. not spice.... Need to cut into the main stack and install a "Y"... I don't have any "slack" to move the stack up or down. I don't want to install a Fernco... Yet can't find a coupling (is "no hub" the proper term?) - that will slide up the existing pipe while I make my splice and then slide down to cover the jont. Is there such an animal...?? Specialty plumbing shop rather than the big box??
    Last edited by thezster; 02-15-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: long day... not thinking clearly
    It's 9a.m. Let's have a beer!

  2. #2
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    A no-hub coupling can be rolled up and then rolled down.
    They are used all the time in a stack to insert a fitting or section of pipe.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts