After cartridge replacement, water won't shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

frnorke

Reaction score
Hi,
I just replaced the cartridge in my Moen single handle kitchen faucet with a new one from Lowes. It's not a Moen brand cartridge but an after market knockoff.

Before, the faucet dripped through the spout. Now, I can't shut the water off completely with the new cartridge installed.

Anyone run into this before? Any ideas? The cartridges are identical.

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
MOen

IF you used a metal cartridge instead of the plastic one, that would be one possibility because they seal in the faucet differently. The other possibility is that you damaged it during installation, or you have a problem with the handle and cannot close it completely.

frnorke

Reaction score
Fixed

After further examination of the package material, one of the rubber grommets came off when I took it out of the packaging. After putting on the new cartridge, it fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks