Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

CPD195

Reaction score
I am replacing my bathtub with a walk-in shower and I need to raise the shower valve. I am a novice when dealing with plumbing... is this job that difficult or should I call in a pro?:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While soldering isn't all that hard, considering that this is going to be hidden behind a wall, and you haven't done it before, you might want to have this done. Once the demolition is done, access is easy, and it shouldn't take that much time (therefore money).

Keep in mind, though, that you'll probably need to upgrade the drain as well to 2" (it's probably 1.5" now), and most people prefer to have the drain centered in the showerpan...so, unless you've got an unusual tub, that will have to be moved as well. This may mean tearing up the subfloor, or the ceiling below (or slab).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks