Help locating Kohler tub drain part

Users who are viewing this thread

jiggityjars

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to clean out my Kohler tub drain, and in the process I accidentally dropped a part of the drain open/close mechanism down into the drain. I've attached a picture of the drain mechanism, and also the inside of the drain.

The part I lost is a brass piece that connects the drain cover to the drain trip lever. It had a hole at the bottom that slid onto the trip lever, and it curved as it went up to meet the drain cover. There was a long screw that screwed down into this brass piece through the top of the drain cover.

If anyone can help me locate this part, I would really appreciate it! I have already checked every hardware store in town, and have had no luck. I don't even know exactly what this part is called, so even if someone just knows the name of it, that would help me in my search.

I'm guessing that this drain dates to the early 80's if that helps.

Thank you!

Attachments

• drain_style.JPG
    drain_style.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 5,379
  • inside_drain.JPG
    inside_drain.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 4,994

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks