jvm1008.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 459
  • jvm1009.jpg
    jvm1009.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 462

Billy_Bob

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's quite a large hole drilled where that bundle of wires goes! But I suppose the bundle itself would provide structural support?:)

It would be interesting to turn on all the electric and place a temperature probe in the center of that bundle of wires. I've felt warm metal conduit with maybe 6 wires run inside (crammed tight).

jaxbldginspector

Reaction score
This will be a business. Matter of fact it will be a four story hotel. The red conduit is for the fire alarm system.

CodeOne

Code Enforcement
Reaction score
According to jaxbldginspector (on his other post) these pics are from a four story hotel.

Its possible there will be sound insulation it will deffinately have to have fire stopping and draft stopping under the Building Code not the Residential code.
That would be why the 10's and 12's and no 14's. They apparently did derate. Still do not like the way they have chosen to route their wires so close to each other. not a good practice!

rgsgww

Reaction score
I would wire a hotel with conduit or mc...not romex.

rgsgww

Reaction score
OR at least install sub panels on each floor. And maybe more than one depending on how extensive the floor plan is.

Almost every hotel I've been in has at least 2 42 space panels in each hall. Im just guessing on the 42 space based on the size. I think I remember one having a sub inside the room.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks