Desperate need of help!

Users who are viewing this thread

jasonpbutler1

Reaction score
okay
I have 2 concerns 1st I have noticed water leaking on the driveway after checking when washer and diaswasher draining it leaks between outside bricks and foundation.So I called a plumber he says he has no idea but he did say my drain needs a trap to prevent sewer gas , I'm not sure where to start
here a picture. the previous owner sawed the vent pipe off and run washer machine hose into it. sorry picture is in attachment

any ideas on trap would be appreciated they left this plumbing a mess
also suggestions on drain leak?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5731-_new.jpg
    IMG_5731-_new.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A P trap is absolutely required on every fixture's drain. The toilet has one built into the base, but all the rest must be installed. I'm sure you have traps under your sinks. Take a peek and you'll see it. Traps simply create a water seal to prevent sewer gas from entering the house. My advice to you is to have your plumber survey you home and install traps as needed.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That looks like a job for a licensed plumber. you need a trap and a vent for it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

1. Find a real plumber.
2. Let him diagnose the leak and find a cure.
3. Have him install a correct washing machine connection.
4. The have him reconnect the piping properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks