Installing Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

jacksmith7

Reaction score
I'm installing a water softener that has to be about 45' (as the pipe runs) from where the main line enters the basement. Currently, there is a branch-off from the main line about halfway...this supplies the master bath.

I plan to cut the main line just before it branches off to the master bath and run new piping from there to the water softener. Rather than run new piping all the way back to where I cut into the main line to tap back into the original piping (just before the master bath), I plan to cap it there and tee off of that original piping closer to the water softener.

What the end result will be is the line leaving the water softener will tee into a line that goes one direction to supply the master bath and the opposite direction to supply the water heater and the rest of the house. All piping will be 3/4" copper. Is there anything wrong with the way I plan to do this? Thank you.

jacksmith7

Reaction score
Thank you, Gary. I was afraid I may not have described the situation well enough for it to be understood, but you understood it exactly. I'll take your advice and replace the tee...thank you again.

Jack

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks