Does a Kohler Lever fit on a Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

noreast

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm being coerced into buying a Kohler Devonshire toilet because of the style and the lever matches our valves. I may be able to talk my wife into the Toto Clayton, but I don't think that they have a matching lever.

Do anyone know if the lever from a Kohler will fit a Toto Clayton?

Thanks in advance!

George

cst784_01.jpg

Toto Clayton

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The Kohler trip lever is different from the Toto.
The Toto trip lever curves out because the tank itself curves out in the front.
You would have to be able to bend the Kohler trip lever and i'm not sure if you can because it looks like it's made of plastic.

Kohler
Kohler trip lever.JPG

Toto
Toto trip lever.JPG

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
The Kohler trip lever is different from the Toto.
The Toto trip lever curves out because the tank itself curves out in the front.
You would have to be able to bend the Kohler trip lever and i'm not sure if you can because it looks like it's made of plastic.

Kohler
View attachment 6567

Toto
View attachment 6568

George,
If you have a heat gun (the kind used for removing paint, etc) I believe you could carefully warm the plastic Kohler trip lever and bend it slightly.

Boiling water may be a safer, cheaper option, and then a quick quench into cold water would set the bend.

It takes some practice, but the plastic trip levers available in the hardware store would give you something to practice on.

HE

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks