New Water Heater Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

jti67

Reaction score
I recently installed a new electric water heater in our house, a 50 gallon Whirlpool. The problem is the water is plenty hot but there doesnt seem to be the same pressure or flow rate of hot water at the shower head, the mixing valve has to be closer to the hot side then with the previous heater and we have to tweak the control during the shower to keep it comfortable.
We are on a well and our old heater was 18 years old. I would appreciate any help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

"Plenty hot" and "as hot as the old heater" may not be the same. If your thermostat is set lower than the previous one, then the way you operate the shower valve will be different also.

jti67

Reaction score
Yes, it was an energy smart talked to few people said they had no problems with thiers. I have tried diffrent water temp still have same problem.

Thanks for the replies wish I would of found this site before installing new heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks