Price Pfister single handle sink faucet no hot water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
First off, let's realize that some people are crazy about Chevy and some people GO crazy if you put them in a chevy.
There is nothing wrong with the PP brand ( now known as Pfister Faucets). By now we are aware that the Pfister team lurks here. I hope to hear some feeback from folks like rocks911 about whether they can solve his problem.

First, lets clear the air: we are talking lav sink, not tub. So no pressure balanced. Also, most pp lav do not have a high temp limit adjustment. Still not clear about how rocks911 actually has his water lines connected, and what is the actual symptom...no water on the hot side? not hot water? hot on the cold side?

FOR THE PFISTER TEAM: your website search could use some help. If you put a space or a dash in the wrong space, it will not find it. That's a little lame in the 21st century.

Price Pfister

Pfister Faucets
Reaction score
Website
www.pfisterfaucets.com
Hello Jimbo,

Thank you for the kind words and for the advice about our website search. I'll make sure that gets into the right hands.

If you have a need you can always reach the Pfister Support team via pfistersocial@bdhhi.com. Please include the model number, any details, and a way to contact you.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.

Price Pfister

Pfister Faucets
Reaction score
Website
www.pfisterfaucets.com
Hello Dave,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your situation. We appreciate your support of Pfister faucets.

If you have a need you can always reach the Pfister Support team via pfistersocial@bdhhi.com. Please include the model number, any details, and a way to contact you.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.

ictesla

Reaction score
Just installed a beautiful Pfister 42-YP bathroom faucet (spigot style) today. Had no hot water, but cold was fine.

Short Response: I found a mangled rubber washer? from the Pfister-supplied hot water hose adaptor when purging the hot water line into a bucket. This mangled rubber and the filtration screen blew out together. Reconnecting the hoses with the filtration screen only solved everything.

Long Response: I noticed during install the water hose adaptors from Pfister had screens - maintenance issue later but my home has a whole water filtration system so just a heads up. I uncoupled the hot water Pfister faucet hose from the new stainless steel supply hose that is attached to the shut-off valve. IMPORTANT - Pfister supplies a brass 1/2' adaptor with the screen that is connected to your 1/2" supply hose fitting. This adaptor is inserted into the Phister O-Ring faucet line and secured with a clip. After removing the clip and pulling the O-ring connector aprt, I pointed the stainless hose into a bucket and turned on the hot water valve. The Pfister screen AND a crumpled piece of rubber blew into the bucket. This rubber "ring" does not show up in Pfisters parts explosion and was not part of the stainless supply hose.

I can only guess the Pfister hose screen had a rubber gasket that deformed during assembly. This rubber does not show up in Pfisters parts explosion diagram, so maybe just poor quai=lity control on their part. Would love to hear feedback.

Reconnected the hoses and faucet and life is good!

JH3140

Reaction score
I have had this faucet for quite a few years now, and the hot water has always been pretty much a trickle. But recently it has become much worse. Cleaned out the screen, soaked the faucet in CLR. It helped, but still a trickle. I was getting ready to toss in the trash and buy something different, so I punched out the plastic restrictor and holy crap, talk about water flow.

jsimson

Reaction score
Mighty grateful for this forum. Helped me fix my problem fast. A brand new single handle faucet was slow running hot water. With advice from these posts, I took the cartridge out and found a black blob in the small orifice just under the cartridge. I cleaned it out and reassembled the cartridge. Still slow flowing. I took a copper wire and reamed out the hot water line down past the connector. Still no good. Reamed it out some more, ran water through it - guess I got all the gunk out - because the hot and cold are now the same pressure. All fixed. Hurrah! Don't know what the black blob was, but it seemed like ground up rubber! If it clogs up again, I'll just ream it out and run water through it. Thank you folks for helping me figure this problem out!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks