(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Pfister single handle sink faucet no hot water.

Default Price Pfister single handle sink faucet no hot water.

I have no experience with Price Pfister but so fat I'm less than impressed. I just connected a single handle faucet in my bathroom and I'm not getting hot water through it. I swapped supplies and still no hot water.

The model # is 042YP0Y

I went to the Price Pfister web site for troubleshooting entered the model number and got zero results. I thought maybe the what I thought were zero's were the letter O, so I tried it with the letter and the number and still zero results. Thats kinda frustrating.

Also whoever plumbed under my sink has hot on the right side so I swapped but as I've said still no hot water.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Afetr looking around the web I found that Price Pfister is not thought of as a quality faucet, so what is? I certainly dont mind spending the money because this is kinda frustrating.

What is a good brand? Is it a mistake to buy at HD or Lowes?

Thanks

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most faucets come with a hot limit stop.
    Look at the manual and you will see how to adjust it.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-12-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Default Pp

As far as I am concerned Price Pfister is as good quality as most other brands and superior to many. What kind of faucet is it, i.e., bathtub, shower, lavatory sink? You are describing a situation which could be unique to your house, because the normal problem is no water of any kind from the valve. When there is only water from one side it usually means a piping problem. I assume when you say "no hot water" you mean there is no flow from the hot side. If you mean there is "hot" water but it is cold then you have an adjustment problem, and you would have that no matter WHOSE faucet you installed.

There is no flow when the faucet is adjusted to the "hot" side. This is a bathroom faucet.

The faucet before worked fine, the wife wanted a new look, why oh why did I do it, but that's another story.

When I swivel the handle to the right it is supposed to flow hot water, it doesn't. Not only that but in that position it draws water from the cold line. What the?

I'm at a loss.

So Price Pfister is not so bad?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Back to the basics...did you turn the hot water shutoff back on? Is it a multi-turn shutoff or a 1/4-turn one? If it was old, and multi-turn, the washer could be shot, and it is all clogged. Try disconnecting the hose and see if you can get any flow into a bucket from the connection.

There could be some crud caught inside of the cartridge, so you might need to remove it and flush it out.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

jadnashua,

Thanks for replying,

Yes I turned the water back on, it is a multi turn shutoff. The house is 11 years old so I wouldn't expect that things are too shot.

I did get flow from both lines.

It might well be the crud thing, hard to know.

Price Phister is sending another cartridge, gotta like the customer service.

I'm puzzled

Default What the?

When I swivel the handle to the right it is supposed to flow hot water, it doesn't. Not only that but in that position it draws water from the cold line. What the?
    What the is our response also, because the first part implies NO water flow, but the second implies water flow but no HOT water. Each has a different cause and solution. The second, flow but no hot water, means you have the temperature adjuster set so low that it cannot open the hot water port, and thus only uses cold water, or at most so little hot water you cannot feel it.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-13-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Hello everyone

I have a similar problem with my 42 YPOY

Got mine last year and all was well after installation.

Short time went by and hot water volume started to
    get down to a small dribble. Cold works fine

After 5 cartradges and last fall a new faucet from PF
    same thing starting again.

Anybody have any ideas??

I am tired of fooling with it

Thank you

Are your pipes run with old galvanized steel? It may be time for a repipe.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

All my plumbing is plastic and there is plenty of volume at the supply line

Just built new house. I have the same exact problem with price pfister bath tub faucet not letting the hot water flow. Or when it does flow its just a dribble. I have the tankless hotwater and was wondering if that might be part of the problem. I'm ready to go buy a new Delta faucet because I miss my HOT baths! BTW, have already gotten a new cartridge from PF with no luck. Turned Hot water up and its alittle better but no in between. Thanks for all responses.

Some pressure-balanced valves just don't work well with some tankless systems. If there is a noticable difference in flow at say any other faucet between hot and cold, that is likely the problem. Not sure how any valve will work in that case. On most, it isn't a big deal, but some can be really picky.
    Jim DeBruycker

When you replaced the CARTRIDGE from PP, did you ALSO replace the pressure balancing unit BENEATH it, since that is what caused the problem. Problems with ANY brand of faucet often has more to do with WHERE you purchased it, than with who made it, and I would think this might be the case in this situation, since I have been using PP faucets for decades and have NOT had these kinds of problems, but I buy mine from plumbing wholesalers, NOT Home Depot and similar.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks911 View Post
    I have no experience with Price Pfister but so fat I'm less than impressed. I just connected a single handle faucet in my bathroom and I'm not getting hot water through it. I swapped supplies and still no hot water.

The model # is 042YP0Y

I went to the Price Pfister web site for troubleshooting entered the model number and got zero results. I thought maybe the what I thought were zero's were the letter O, so I tried it with the letter and the number and still zero results. Thats kinda frustrating.

Also whoever plumbed under my sink has hot on the right side so I swapped but as I've said still no hot water.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Hi rocks911,

We're sorry to hear about the problem you’re experiencing with your bathroom faucet. If you are still experiencing issues with this faucet, Pfister would like to address this issue quickly, but our Consumer Service Team needs some additional information to proceed.

Please provide: 

• A method to contact you (ex. email, phone, etc.)
    • Best time for contact (ex. mornings, evenings, etc.)

Please send this information to us at pfistersocial@bdhhi.com.

We apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to resolving this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.