Bath sink faucet with 1.5" base - old sink

Users who are viewing this thread

garym

Reaction score
My wife is in love with our 60 year old Kohler bath sink. In trying to replace the fixtures I've run into a wall. Can't seem to find fixtures where the faucet/spout has a base that is no larger in diameter than 1.5" (or just a hair more). The 9" - 10" spread or so of the three holes is in somewhat of a triangle pattern. The center faucet hole is set back toward the back of the sink and is close to the rear "curved" lip of the sink (which rises about 6" above the sink deck). Thus a larger diameter base can't work because there is very little room behind the faucet for the base to extend past the hole in sink. This is not an issue for the hot/cold handles as they are set farther away from the back of the sinkFor example:

| 1.5" available spread centered on hole in sink for faucet.
|<-------->
|____|______
hole

The local plumbing supplier seems to be no help. I suspect I need a specialty antique reproduction supplier. Any thoughts/suggestions most appreciated.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
If you could take a picture of this and post it up, it would be a big help. I happen to have a few 60 year old Ledge back faucets on my van that I acquired not to long ago. Thing is its hard to see if this is what you are trying to describe.

garym

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have two of these sinks. you can see from the picture that one sink has the 1.5" base on the spout and the other has a 2" base (which seems will just fit so that is probably my upper limit). In both cases, the spout is 4" and really needs to be more like 5.25" to be useful. I hope the pictures make it clearer. EDIT: It seems that the modern widespread faucets with adjustments between 6" and 12" that I've seen will work fine in terms of the valuves and spout connecting underneath with some flexibility. My problem seems to be with the diameter of the base of the spout being limited to 2".

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 259
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 262
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

garym

Reaction score
The more I look at this, I suspect this close fit may be a result of this sink having originally a separate hot and cold valve/spout with the center hole simply being for the "pull" on the sink stopper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks