Getting fancy--replacing pressure valve w/ thermostatic valve

Users who are viewing this thread

PreciousBusterbird

Reaction score
Hello--I have a question. Pressure balanced or thermostatic?

I'm replacing my tub and tiling the alcove, so now is the time to do other little upgrades. So I got the Hansgrohe Raindance Connect and have decided I need to change out my Delta Monitor 17000 volume control/temp (pressure-balanced), trim, and tub spout w/diverter.

I want to get a Hansgrohe thermostatic valve, trim, and tub spout with no diverter. The trim has the added feature of an integrated diverter so I will have a nice clean tub spout.

The thing is, I could use my existing Delta stuff with the new shower. But will I regret not having a thermostatic valve? It seems as though people really like them.

Thanks very much.

-Casey

Last edited:

PreciousBusterbird

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but apparently the 17T will not fit my older 1700. From what I have seen on this forum, it looks as though the thermo is the way to go. So - I will go thermo with new stuff.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

When I installed my 1700, not the new universal body, it was thermstatic adaptable even though the control was not available. I will have to check with Delta, but from my observation, ALL 1700 cores are the same, regardless of age. Unless you do not really have a 1700 with the separate volume and temperature handles.

PreciousBusterbird

Reaction score
Hi hj - thanks for the reply. It is definitely a Delta 1700, with temp and volume adjustments. I was basing the unavailability on a diagram I found on this forum in this post:

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?p=182222

There is a cartridge summary reference sheet pictured there that I interpreted to mean that my version wouldn't work with a T valve.

This is all quite new to me so I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge. Thank you.

-Casey

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks