sand point low flow/surging

Users who are viewing this thread

Y

yahoo2

Hi there folks. I'm new to this board but i think ive read every article about sand points that's on here and most everywhere else too lol. I just bought a house (power of sale) with a sand point and very low flow (just over 1 gallon a minute). I knew it was like this, so its not a surprise but i do need to figure it out now. The point is 22 feet from ground level and was supposedly put in in 2006. Diamond 1/2hp shallow well jet pump with 20gal bladder tank. Looks like the pump and tank is around the same age as the well. If I drain the tank and just let the pump work, the flow out of the pump surges from a good steady stream right down to a trickle then back again. (say 5 seconds going good,10 seconds towards a trickle)It will run like this for hours. If i then let it fill the tank, it takes 10-15 minutes to bring it to 50lbs and shuts off. The neighbours on both sides have sand points at same depth,working fine. I put a Vacuum guage on the pump and it seems to be just above 30hg when trickling and a little more (32+) when pumping good. You can hear the pump hunker down a little when its pumping well. Ive tried blowing a bunch of air down the well with a compressor, and let the pressurized water tank blow back down the well also. After blowing air down, i can hear the well filling back up in a hurry. Sorry for the long post, just trying to give you the info. Im wondering what you guys think and what my next move should be. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks