circulator

Users who are viewing this thread

jocko

Reaction score
Baseboard oil fired hydronic two zone heat. I have a noisy circulator that I guess needs to be replaced. My problem is I can not deciper what kind of circulators I have. They are twenty plus years old and are 5" from flange to flange. There is two allen cap screws diagnally holding the motor on to the pump housing. The only circulators I can locate are 61/2" face to face. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Guessing it's an older Grundfos but without a picture can't tell. I can tell you with 100% certainty though that if you get me a picture of it I will geive you the answer.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When you have the reply window open, scroll down to an entry called 'manage attachments'. You'll have to scale the resolution down to get the image size within allowances. If you just crop it, it might be too small to see anything worthwhile.

jocko

Reaction score
DSC00007.jpg OK here it goes. The housing is 5" from face of flange to face of flange. Thanks again.

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
The problem here is that we don't have enough information.

changing the pipe length is the easy part.

Making sure the new pump can create the needed flow rate and pressure is a bit more tricky.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks