Watts Floodsafe? Not Very! part 1

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Who gets stuck with the repair bill depends on who has the best attorney. The manufacturer will only guarantee the Floodsafe supply line, (they will replace the bad one with a new one), and rejects any claims for labor and consequential damages.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "obsession" is because the manufacturer ONLY warranties the product, NOT any labor or "consequential" damages. If it breaks they will give you a new one just like the one that broke.

annelisemcl

Reaction score
I was just jumping on this forum to lambaste Watts Floodsafe valve on my Toto toilet that I installed exactly 2 years ago. My angle valve cracked this morning and after replacing it with a new valve I re-attached the toilet floodsafe line and slooooowwwly turned the water back on and it was streaming water like crazy from the plastic connection to the toilet. After loosening and re-tightening that connection 4-5 times, I finally got fed-up and figured I would replace the Floodsafe line and also tell HD that I think it stinks that the line failed in 2 years. Well imagine my surprise when I discovered HD no longer carries Floodsafe by Watts. I jumped on this forum and now feel lucky that the only damage I walked away with is buying a new braided connector and a few damp towels. I'll be replacing the other Floodsafe toilet hose tomorrow. I thought it was such a good idea. Bummer.

And for what it is worth, I try to buy "made in USA" whenever it is available-even if it is more expensive. In fact this morning, my local building supply- Tague Lumber in Media, PA; only had 1 angle valve brand and it was made in China. So I drove to Weinstein Plumbing Supply in Broomall, Pa. for a BrassCraft made in the USA angle valve. But regarding braided connector hoses, I haven't sourced any not made in China.

Thanks all! I learn something new everytime I search this forum. I refer to you all as "my plumbing gurus". :):)

Al___he.

Reaction score
Just happened to me last night. I just changed all the faucets in my house this spring and used these hoses. Lucky my wife was in the bathroom when it burst. I had the water shut off within a minute and it still caused water staining in our ceiling. I will be changing all of them today. Like someone said in a earlier post it wasn't over tightened. Junk!!!

index.php

Attachments

• 1417447179662.jpg
    1417447179662.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,181
Last edited by a moderator:

RHF137

Reaction score
I've noticed on this forum that everyone is replacing their Watts Floodsafe connectors. But you should try to avoid replacing this piece of junk with another piece of junk. I have found lots of complaints on the Internet about other toilet connector failures. For example, there are currently class-action lawsuits against Watts and Fluidmaster for connectors with bad coupling nuts. And another against Fluidmaster for their "NO-BURST" braided SS connector.

http://www.hbsslaw.com/Templates/media/files/case_pdfs/Fluidmaster/FluidMaster Complaint.PDF
http://www.gregcolemanlaw.com/assets/files/Complaint.pdf
https://www.toiletconnector.com/Home/FAQ#faq1

I've also read that certification stamps like UPC and ASME are pretty much meaningless. Does anyone know of a way to be sure you are buying a good connector?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks