(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to replace sewage pump copper pipes???

DIY Junior Member

I called around for the Zoeller Simplex M267, and so far the range is between $500 - $650, and it costs the same to just get someone to install it so I'm not even going to bother with it, and leave it to the pros. Besides, I have enough projects to tackle with plumbing two new bathrooms, taking out an old one that is the size of a closet, additional water heater in series, etc... I never get why people install bathrooms in a tiny area.

Ron, I tried calling you to get an estimate. I left a message, call me back because Im trying to get this done ASAP.

Thanks for the help guys.

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jevonmckinzie View Post
    I called around for the Zoeller Simplex M267, and so far the range is between $500 - $650, and it costs the same to just get someone to install it so I'm not even going to bother with it, and leave it to the pros. Besides, I have enough projects to tackle with plumbing two new bathrooms, taking out an old one that is the size of a closet, additional water heater in series, etc... I never get why people install bathrooms in a tiny area.

Ron, I tried calling you to get an estimate. I left a message, call me back because Im trying to get this done ASAP.

Thanks for the help guys.
    I am sorry, been swamped today with tons of flooded basments. If you found a pro willing to sell you a M267 for around 500 to 650 go for it, thats a very good price. We are about a 100 more + labor.

DIY Junior Member

I knew just going with a pro wouldnt make my life any easier. So, I had a plumber come out today and I got the, "I need to figure out a price on this and I'll get back to you", so I know its going to be expensive. No pun intended, but I think I am going to have to do this myself as I originally planned.

Basically, the hole is only 16" deep, which is too shallow for a sealed unit to go in there, so I need to take out the other pump, get all the water and crap out, break up the concrete that is lining the bottom of the pit (hopefully there isnt any concrete, and since everything else with this basement wasnt done properly, it wouldnt surprise me), and install the new unit.

Going to tackle this tomorrow!!

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SewerRatz View Post
    I am saying his home does not have drain tiles like you think. All the drain tiles and downspouts tie into the sewer system heading to the street. The ejector pit he has was added for a bathroom that was put into the basement and more than likely he has overhead sewers.

Now if he was in some newer area of Chicago, or out in the suburbs, where they have storm sewers separate from the sanitary sewers, he would be required to have a sump pump pit for the rain water and an ejector pit for the sewerage.
    Don't mean to be a PITA, but I am trying to better understand how the system works. He said that the pump ran when it rained a lot. I take this to mean that groundwater is getting into the pit and thus sewage could possibly get into the ground.

BTW, Grainger sells the M267 for about $400, cash & carry. Letting a pro fix things does sound like a good plan though.

DIY Junior Member

I guess I wasnt looking hard enough, but I finally found a plumbing supply store that sells the M267 for $310.