My Heat pump outside unit stop working

Users who are viewing this thread

rabbit

Reaction score
I need some help.
I just noticed today that the air from heating vent is cooler and it turned out
that the heating is on aux heater, not the heat pump. There is no movement
for the outside unit, no fan, no compressor, etc.
The outside temperature is normal, by the way.

I opened the cover for the outside unit and I see the Orange wire was broken due to rusting. I reconnected it and turned all power back on, still nothing happened.
I checked that the power to the unit is ok. I don't have multimeter so can't tell if the RED is providing 24v or not.

The unit is two year old, Goodman GSH13 Heat Pump

13 SEER / 7.7 HSPF Efficiency

Anything else that I should look at? I live pretty far away from town and it is really expensive to get a technician to look at it. I will try my best first.

Thanks a lot!

Wondering

Reaction score
Check your booklet for the warranty. Then call your installer and have him check it out. I also had an issue with mine last year which was 2 years old and I called the installer and he came out and didnt charge me anything. Mine is a Goodman. Not sure about the labor warranty now, I would have to go get my book but I know mine has a lifetime compressor warranty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks