Water comes out of tub faucet during shower

Users who are viewing this thread

drjimmy

Reaction score
the shower/bath option handle is between the hot and cold water - probably one of 200 million people that have the same option - but wanted to just say that so I can be clear on the set up.

When we turn that handle up ( counter clock wise ) with the water running, it runs through the shower. And obviously, handle down, if you are going to run the bath.

But water is lightly streaming at the tub faucet at same time shower runs.

What is going wrong that I need to fix...? If left as is, am I ignoring a potential problem going on behind the wall with the valves, etc. ?

thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That diverter stem needs to be replaced. This is fairly straightforward, and does not even require that the main water be turned off.

A picture to identify your brand and model would be the next step.

drjimmy

Reaction score
That diverter stem needs to be replaced. This is fairly straightforward, and does not even require that the main water be turned off.

A picture to identify your brand and model would be the next step.

thanks. that sounds calming...I will get a pic. I can only share images, since these fixtures were here when we bought the house - I dont know what the former owners bought and the handles aren't labled

It's nice to have you guys on here to help us DIY'ers....always appreciate your time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks