Jet Pump or Sprinkler Pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

amartin725

Reaction score
I’m drawing off a holding tank to water my lawn through a ‘professionally’ installed underground sprinkler system (The tank is fed from a separate low-volume well) The draw from the tank to water the lawn will range from 3 – 8 GPM depending on the zones, with a target pressure of 40-50 psi (I have 11 zones, none with more than 4 heads per zone on a piece of land just under ½ acre). The pump will sit either on top of or next to the tank and can draw from either from a spout on the bottom of the tank or from a pick-up tube inserted down from the top, the configuration has not been set yet. Most sprinkler pumps are designed for heavy volume, much more than what I need, but a jet pump seems overkill for this. I will set up whatever is needed for the long term benefit, but want to make sure I spend my money in the right place.

Thanks,

Al

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

Sprinkler pumps have a limited "lift" component so if you use one you will want to connect it to the water tank at the bottom so the water will flow to the pump. If you mount the pump above the tank, you might be better off with the jet pump, which can draw water better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks